T200 irons review

The Titleist T irons are some of the most beautiful in the players distance category. Lots of speed and a good amount of forgiveness.

Why you can trust Golf Monthly Our expert reviewers spend hours testing and comparing products and services so you can choose the best for you. Find out more about how we test. The new T represents the biggest makeover of any iron within the updated Titleist T-Series not only because of how the iron looks but also how it has been constructed. It has been made smaller overall to give a sleeker look - specifically, the blade length has been shortened and the offset reduced to match the new T From the back, the cavity has been enclosed by a polymer cap that has a metallic appearance to match the rest of the head, making it look like a hollow head. Titleist claims to have made a conscious effort to improve the sound and feel of this iron versus the prior model - but while it remains lively from a wide area, we didn't feel like there was any improvement here and actually maintained a clicky sound similar to if you were to tap the back of the iron with your fingernail. In terms of what the data from the Full Swing Golf simulator was telling us, it was refreshing to see the spin not drop too much versus the T and Ts - only by rpm - and the flight overall was a little higher as to maintain stopping power.

T200 irons review

The feel remains firm while the stability of the head keeps approach shots heading towards the green on a playable flight. Why you can trust Golf Monthly Our expert reviewers spend hours testing and comparing products and services so you can choose the best for you. Find out more about how we test. The latest iteration aims to address shortcomings in feel, with the T iron offering up a loud and clicky feel at impact. To do so, Titleist has re-engineered the Max Impact design feature to make the head more stable while the polymer back plate has also been reconfigured to better manage the vibrations that occur when the forged face strikes the ball. My first impressions would be that iron has improved in looks slightly - it appears a little more modern and sleek. A common complaint of the old T iron was if you tap the back plate with your finger nail it made a hollow, plastic-like sound. This has been vastly reduced in the new iteration via the use of epoxy to attach it more securely. At address, the profile remains similarly appealing on the eye - compact overall but a little more substantial than the T iron. The finish is also noticeably lighter. Some irons in this category manage to get close to this, like the Ping i or the Mizuno JPX Forged , but the T still has a harder feel to it. Even despite the new T 7-iron coming in half a degree stronger at In fact, it was closer to the T in terms of carry than it was the T iron. Joel has worked in the golf industry for over 12 years covering both instruction and more recently equipment.

What we say Sign up to Golf Monthly Newsletter Newsletter.

The Titleist T irons look more like players irons while performing more like distance or GI irons. Excellent consistency. Wonderful in combo set application. In the family of Titleist irons, the T is undoubtedly going to be the headliner. However, the iron that more recreational players need to check out is the T

The Titleist T irons are some of the most beautiful in the players distance category. Lots of speed and a good amount of forgiveness. Very easy to blend with other T-Series irons in a combo set. Few sets fulfill both sides of this new category as well as the Titleist T irons. These irons have undeniable players look coupled with excellent ball speed and forgiveness. This newest version has an extremely clean cavity. Needless to say, I prefer this rendition, in part because it blends so seamlessly with the other T-Series irons. At address, the T irons look really good.

T200 irons review

The T irons, the latest players distance iron entry from Titleist in their popular T-series product line, offer increased ball speed, workability, and precise distance, even from the long irons. One of the newest features of the T-series irons from Titleist is the inclusion of Max Impact Technology along the face of the iron. Titleist has ditched the version of the T irons muscle plate and made their biggest shift to lowering CG and improving energy transfer from the center of the face to the golf ball. Especially in the long irons, the new technology improves feel and iron performance. These Titleist irons absolutely explode with center-cut strikes, something that I really loved duplicating on the range and course during my time with this iron set. One of my favorite advancements with the edition of the Ts is the tour-influenced design of this iron set. These irons look like what tour pros play on the weekends, and they perform like casual golfers need to better their overall game. With a clean, minimal top line and small offset, the Ts are the right model for mid handicappers looking to break away from their game-improvement iron set and make the leap to a players distance club that delivers premium feel, sound, and performance.

Jo bros merch

The Titleist T irons look more like players irons while performing more like distance or GI irons. Received the irons in 2weeks and have already played several rounds. Next Club. Select your region. Reasons to avoid - Didn't provide the extra distance over Ts - Ball flight may be too high for some. To date, his best ever round of golf is a 5-under 67 back in I agree matte finish would have perfected the line. I tested it in my fitting and, if you pair the right shaft with this head, it can be one of the best and best-looking utility irons available. Visit our corporate site. Throwing a lot at you again!

In a Titleist T irons review, you expect to learn about how these irons perform and who they work best for. Since launching the original T irons in , Titleist has wanted to achieve a decent blend of aesthetics and performance.

Buy Now at Golf Galaxy. Best, Matt. I really did notice a step up in forgiveness between the T to the T however, which again made for a fun experience hitting these irons. Wilson D9 Forged. Hi Matt, Your reviews are excellent! Our test data shows brilliantly the effect this model having the weakest 7-iron loft has on spin, descent angle and distance. For our test pro, the T produced 4. To take full advantage of what Titleist have to offer ensure you get properly fitted as the brand prides itself on being custom fit leaders. They are solid. Its blade length hits a middle ground that should please a majority of golfers. Plugged In Golf. Mizuno Mizuno Pro Matt I noticed you show a 46 degree pitching wedge in the bag. Joel's current What's In The Bag?

0 thoughts on “T200 irons review

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *